Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23-

Our monsoonal pattern will keep pollutants in the good range today as the AQI forecast below shows.
Intercontinental pollutant transport remains active as a large Saharan dust laden air mass remains just south of NM and smoke plumes are well north of us as the NAAPS model indicates.
As of late last week I will be maintaining two different blogs that will keep me busy. I will continue to run this one but will refocus this one towards reporting on air quality along the border. Occasionally I will report on some topic on climate or weather but that will lesson.  I started another blog for the NM Office of State Climatologist to report on topics, news, and issues of climate. There are many times when I wish that I could explain topics of climate further on this blog but it deviates from the original purpose of discussing air quality for the NM Department of Health effort.  You can read the other blog here, http://nmclimatecenter.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment