Saturday, October 8, 2011

Oct. 8 - Cool morning but warmed up

I spent most of the day at City of Rocks State Park and it was very pleasant. It was the first time visiting that state park and I will probably visit again. Last night was a little cool with the winds but the campfire warmed things up. Winds were gusty and strong in some places on the drive from Las Cruces to Deming. However, I didn't see much dust. There were a few drops but not even a trace amount at the park. The morning low at Faywood (neareast Coop station) was 30F which made it a little cooler than I expected. The long term low temperature at Faywood for that day was 45F. Last time I looked on Friday afternoon, the forecast was showing more like lower 40s. But it shouldn't have surprised me since there was a freeze warning just north of that location. For reference the low in Las Cruces on the NMSU campus was 45F.

Based on a viewing of posts on Twitter, most of Northern NM received some sort of snow. In most of those locations it was the first snowfall of the year.

The AQI forecast for today was green over the whole state. Visibility was very good while I was at City of Rocks all of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment